Inventive Solutions for Moulding
Smartvent is a radical one-way vent technology that fits perfectly into vent holes to reduce the production of artifacts. Smartvent technology significantly speeds up the sintering process, it reduces porosity to improve the surface finish and ultimately it reduces cycle times. This radical breakthrough removes the need for other packing based solutions that were traditionally used in vent.
The vent is produced from a heat-resistant, flexible polymer. It’s unique design features a petalled dome that fits perfectly within the mould and an open-ended mushroom like shape that sits just outside of it. The petals are designed to allow air to enter the mould more efficiently, reducing any artifacts.
Our patented Smartvent technology is particularly easy to use and produces consistent results. It is currently designed to fit 25mm (1”), 13mm (1/2″) and 8mm (5/16″) vent holes. Because Smartvent is designed to fit perfectly into venting holes, its performance remains consistent throughout the entire production process
- Produces small rotational mouldings
- Reduces scrap rate, cycle time and costs
- Improves surface quality and finish
- Solves the part-line blowhole problem
- Simple to use and easy to install
- Provides consistent results
- Doesn’t restrict part shrinkage
- Can use with existing pressurisation systems
Some of the features of our vents are more specifically described in US Patent 11/033969.